Meeting with Operators in CanadaOil & gas upstream
Norwegian Energy Partners have met with the operators in St. John's and discussed their challenges and where we see Norwegian technology suppliers and service companies can offer solutions. Partners are invited to half day Workshops with operators focusing on their specific requirements. Participation in the different workshops is subject to approval by the individual operators.
Members would be meeting representatives from Suncor Energy and Husky Energy - with a possibility of a third operator in the works.
Norwegian Energy Partners will provide the operators with your relevant information in advance. During the workshop there will be short mutual introduction form participating companies - no traditional ppt presentations. Each workshop will have the particular operator's personnel and the Norwegian Energy Partners member participants.
Focus will be on problem identification and information exchange to clearly define the issues. The operator will present some details on their issues and actions taken to date. This would be followed with a general round table discussion with questions and input. Solutions or opportunities would follow the Workshop rather than be the focus of the workshop.
Preliminary overall plan for 3 hour Workshops with each of the operators in St. John's, Canada:
Thursday April 27 08:30 – 12:00 Husky Energy
Thursday April 27 13:00 – 16:00 Suncor Energy
The common topics of interest:
- Reservoir Management
- Improved Oil Recovery
- Raw sea water and produced water injection
- successful tertiary recovery methods for maturing fields
- Advanced drilling and down hole technology
Discussions with the operators indicate their specific topics of interest are:
- Valve Management (valve leakage) and Slop management
- Long lead distance tieback
- Ways to make long distance oil tiebacks more cost effective by smart use of technology and existing assets
- Flow assurance strategies that work with leaner, single production line tiebacks
- Ways to apply standardization principles established on the NCS to subsea developments in Canada’s Atlantic Region
- A potential topic will be digitalization
- Participation is open to Norwegian Energy Partners members only.
- There is no participation fee but everyone is responsible for their own travel and accommodation reservations and costs.