1st Brunei-Norway Oil & Gas Technology SeminarOil & gas upstream
- Enhancing Knowledge in Oil and Gas Development and Investment Opportunities
Norwegian Energy Partners and the Energy and Industry Department, Prime Minister's Office in Brunei, organised a joint oil and gas technology seminar in Bandar Seri Begawan on the 23rd and the 24th of October 2017.
Norway's experiences with the development and operation of deep-water gas fields, often tied back to shore/shallow water platforms, is recognised as unique and is an area that matches Brunei's needs when considering developing gas fields like those discovered in Block CA2.
The purpose of the seminar responded to deep-water Brunei's challenges by communicating how innovative solutions from Norway could contribute to improving the business case for developing these discoveries by
- effectively tackling technical challenges
- improving operational efficiencies
- enhancing the production
-all in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.
The following themes were addressed:
- Drilling and well technologies for deep water
- Technologies for deep-water subsea tiebacks
- Deep-water subsea production facilities
- SURF elements including related marine operations