NORWEP - CNOOC Annual Seminar
Using Digital to create value in projects and operations.
CNOOC is the largest offshore operator in China and is also the owner of NEXEN. CNOOC has several deep water projects in the South China Sea under development, including Liuhua16-2/20-2, Lingshui 17-2 projects. In addition, Husky Energy is developing Liuhua 29-1. The above projects are all NORWEP Priority Projects; see
CNOOC top management has communicated that digitalisation is an area they need to improve and will therefore welcome this topic at the NORWEP – CNOOC annual seminar.
In the seminar we want to address digitalization in field development and operations, which may contain some of the following topics:
• Digital Transformation
• Value of digitalization, a digital journey through the oil & gas value chain
Digitalization in field development
• Selection of concept and design – the digital twin is born
• Efficient and seamlessly integrated project execution – the digital twin is delivered
• How can digital technologies (ex. AI) fundamentally change how we do field development?
Digitalization in Operations
• Collection and visualization of operational data – the digital twin is “alive”
• Optimization of production and integrity management of infrastructure
• How to create value from insights
• How to create a sustainable ecosystem and business models in the Life of Field phase
• How to predict and prevent fatalities and serious injuries?
• Can safe, effective and remote operations be a game changer?
• NORWEP ( email@example.com ) will issue invitation letters to all participants for their Chinese Visa application. Please note that there is a 2 month waiting period to process a Chinese visa application in Oslo: following the introduction of biometric visa and that the applicant has to be physically present, and if applying now, the applicant will have a slot mid April. (if you apply in Stockholm it will be faster!)
• Registration will be opened on the NORWEP website following finalization of the seminar program – at the end of March (you will be informed!).
• For Partners it will be a minor participation fee of NOK 3,000,- per presenting company and NOK 2,000 per additional participant to cover event costs.
If you are interested in participation, you should submit to
, no later than 7th March, 2019:
• Presentation topic
• A short abstract (8 - 10 lines)
• Name and contact details of the speaker