Mission to Guyana - the New Oil ProvinceOil & gas upstream
Norwegian Energy Partners is heading a Mission to Georgetown, Guyana in January 2020.
NORWEP has a preliminary agreement for meetings with: ExxonMobil, SBM, Guyana Shore Base Inc (GYSBI), Jaguar Oilfield Services, Repsol, TechnipFMC, Saipem, Schlumberger Totaltec Oilfield Services and Centre for Local Business Development and are also in contact with Noble Corporation, Stena Drilling, BHGE and Halliburton.
The programme will start on the morning of Monday 20 January and end on the afternoon of Wednesday 22 January, allowing Partners additional time to set up meetings the rest of the week. As participants, you will have the opportunity to present your companies’ service and technologies and get feedback on opportunities and how to do business.
Challenges for Guyana
- Lack of infrastructure
- Lack of local competence
What's happening now in Guyana
- Exxon Mobil has the Liza 1 (Liza Destiny FPSO, 120.000bpd) project under development- First oil is planned for first quarter of 2020. SBM will be the operator of the FPSO the first two years.
- Exxon Mobil has started the development of Liza 2 (Liza Unity FPSO, 220.000 bpt) First oil is planned 2022.
- ExxonMobil is planning two more FPSO's (Payara FPSO and Snoek FPSO) and are also looking into the Paccora finding as a tie back project.
- Tullow Oil has struck oil in the Orinduik block ( Joe-1 og Jethro)
- Other operators have plans for drilling
Subject to change
- Sun 19 Jan: Arrive in Guyana
- Mon 20 Jan: Presentations from CLBD, EM, other oil companies and their contractors
- Tues 21 Jan: Norwegian delegation presentations to EM, oil companies and their contractors and presentation to Guyanese companies
- Wed 22 Jan: Workshops with SBM Offshore and presentations from Guyanese companies
- All participants are responsible for their own travel related reservations and related costs