Business delegation to MozambiqueOil & gas midstream
Interested in energy opportunities in Mozambique ? Join this business seminar that will focus on opportunities in LNG and gas and B2B meetings with relevant stakeholders in conjunction with the visit of HRH Crown Prince Haakon to Maputo in February. We are also considering a session on renewable energy depending on interest.
HRH Crown Prince Haakon will visit Maputo, Mozambique 12-13th of February. A business seminar with focus on the development of gas and LNG in the country will be arranged in cooperation with Norwegian Enegy Partners, GCE Node and the Norwegian Embassy in Maputo in connection with this visit. Bilateral meetings with government and project developers will be organized.
Call for paper
You are invited to present your value proposition for the Mozambique market in the seminar. Please send us your proposed topic as soon as possible.
Preliminary programme 13 February
1.) Business breakfast at Polana Hotel (08:00 to 09:00)
2.) 2 hours business seminar focusing on:
- Local content requirements
- Organizing of local private sector including the oil and gas companies.
- How to do business from both the Investment promotion agency (APIEX - Government) perspective, but also from investors already operating in the country.
- Import and Export of capital/forex regulations and restrictions. A member from the Central bank to explain/discuss forex import/export procedures and bottlenecks.
- Update of project development/status by Total, Exxon and ENI. We will also try to involve the EPC contractors
- The Leadership of both the NOC (ENH - state oil company with stake in all project so far) and the leadership of the regulator (INP - Institute of National Petroleum), will present in the seminar in addition to selected local businesses.
3.) Bilateral meetings with authorities/experts linked to land, logistics, labor matters including hiring of expats/work permits and other matters (on demand) will be arranged after the seminar and the day after if necessary. The Embassy can assist in setting up B2B meetings with relevant stakeholders on request.
We are also looking into the possbility of having a networking reception in the evening.
LNG project status:
- Coral South floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG) led by ENI – The FID is dated June 2017 - The floating LNG facility is being built since 2018 in South Korea – Production expected as from Mid 2022
- AREA 1 – Anadarko announced the FID on 19 june 2019 – The project has now been taken over by TOTAL who has committed to follow FID timetable.
- AREA 4 – (best known as Exxon project) Rovuma Basin are held by Mozambique Rovuma Venture (MRV, 70%), Empresa Nactional de Hidrocarbonetos (ENH, 10%), Galp Energia (10%), and KOGAS (10%).– Exxon is the operator and MRV is a joint venture between Eni (35.7%), ExxonMobil (35.7%) and CNPC (28.6%). Production is expected in 2024.
In addition to the development of the LNG project Area 1 and 4, these projects could include opportunities in other areas such as as civil work, maintenance, services, logistics, supply etc. The government has targeted to use part of the gas in Mozambique, which could create additional business opportunities.
All participants are responsible for their own travel reservations and related costs
There is no room block reservation for this event.
Polana Hotel (event venue),Radisson Blu, Avenida Hotel-Maputo, Southern Sun and Cardoso to mention a few.
Business visa is required for Mozambique. Contact the embassy for invitation letter: Mario.Fabiao.Chivale@mfa.no
To prepare an invitation letter the embassy need a scan of passport, entry / departure dates, and whether you will apply for a visa in Stockholm or upon arrival in Maputo.
Participation fees apply for each workshop, kindly sign up by 15 January 2020
- NORWEP members – no fee
- Non-members NOK 4.000 per representative
For companies that want to present in the seminar, submitting the following information to Eirik.email@example.com by no later than 15 January 2020.
- Company name
- Name of representative(s)
- Technology/solutions and value proposition (½ page)