Market Webinar: Qatar and KuwaitOil & gas upstream Oil & gas midstream
Norwegian Energy Partners invites to a webinar on current market situation and future possibilities in Qatar and Kuwait
Qatar is investing heavily in the expansion of South Pars and is planning to increase LNG exports from 77,8 to 126 million mt/ year by 2028 / 2029. QP signed the largest LNG shipbuilding program in history on June 1st with South Korea's "Big 3" shipyards to secure more than 100 ships costing more than $19.23 billion.
Kuwait's offshore drilling plan has been pushed back by 6 to 9 months but will go ahead. Kuwait currently operates 140 land rigs.
During the webinar, NORWEP, Equinor and a local Kuwaiti company will present the market opportunities for Qatar and Kuwait for 2020 and 2021.
Equinor will present their plans and opportunies within
- the new LNG trains
- QP's order of 100 new ships
- drilling, production
- Hydrogen and digitalisation.
In addition, the webinar will give you an insight regarding drilling and productions activities in Kuwait.
Preliminary Programme (times in CEST):
08:00 Welcome by Oddmar Johannesen, Director Middle East and India, Norwegian Energy Partners
08:05 Market Overview Qatar & Kuwait, by Nasrollah Gharesifard, Energy Advisor, Norwegian Energy Partners
08:20 Opportunities in Kuwait, by Mohammad J Alfawaz, Chief Executive Officer & Abdulrazaq H Ali, Executive Director, Middle East Oilfield Services
08:35 Equinor in Qatar and Kuwait, Ahmed Osman, Business Development Manager Qatar & Kuwait, Equinor
09:00 Q&A, moderated by Oddmar Johannesen
This is an online webinar which will be held on Tuesday 25 August from 10:00 – 11:30 CEST
There is no participation fee for NORWEP members. Non-members will be charged a participation fee of NOK 2.500,- (incl VAT) per person upon registration.
- The event will take place on the Webinar application Zoom. Once registered you will receive an Event Registration Receipt from NORWEP. Link to join the webinar will be issued one day before the webinar.
- Please sign up by clicking on "Sign up for event" on top of this page. The meeting will only be made available for pre-registered attendants approved by Norwegian Energy Partners. Registration will close the evening before the event.
- When signing up for the meeting, you agree that Norwegian Energy Partners may register you as a participant with Zoom
- If you wish to join the webinar through web browser, we recommend to use Google Chrome