B2B Meetings & Scottish Renewables Conference 2019Wind energy
Norwegian Energy Partners are planning a delegation visit to Glasgow attending for the annual Scottish Renewables Offshore Wind Conference which will be held in Glasgow from 28 - 29 January 2019.
Offshore wind in Scotland
Scotland’s offshore wind industry has seen another exciting year of ground-breaking activity showcasing the sector’s place at the forefront of innovation.
2018 saw the completion of both Beatrice Offshore Windfarm in the Moray Firth and the European Offshore Wind Deployment Centre in Aberdeen Bay. The Hywind floating project installed its pioneering Batwind storage battery at Peterhead and Kincardine Offshore Windfarm started generating from its first floating turbine installed. Meanwhile, both fixed and floating offshore wind projects in development have continued to move forward with their schemes, with some preparing for the upcoming Contracts for Difference auction round in 2019.
The UK offshore wind sector has worked hard to set out a clear vision for 2030 and beyond in the hope of securing a Sector Deal from the UK Government as part of its Industrial Strategy. Scotland’s unparalleled expertise in both project development and offshore/subsea engineering and servicing provides an ideal location for growing both the domestic market and supply chain, and a natural base for nurturing a promising global export opportunity.
This year Marine Scotland consulted on a new Sectoral Plan for Offshore Wind and Crown Estate Scotland progressed plans to launch a new leasing round for Scottish waters, opening up the opportunity for further development around our coast.
This conference will take stock of the huge progress made over the past year in Scotland’s growing offshore wind sector and the huge opportunities for Scotland’s energy and offshore supply chain across the length and breadth of the country. The preliminary Conference programme can be found here: https://www.scottishrenewables.com/events/offshore19/programme/
Further UK projects can be found here: https://www.norwep.com/Market-info/Priority-projects-Wind available for NORWEPs members only.
NORWEP activities during the SR Offshore Wind
Norwegian Energy Partners will organise and facilitate B2B Meetings in a group setting (limited to 16 companies) from 28 - 29 January.
- 28 Jan: arrive in Glasgow; B2B Meetings; Conference dinner
- 29 Jan: Conference; B2B Meetings
- 30 Jan: potential for B2B Meetings; depart from Glasgow
- Participation fees & registration:
Member fee registration to Conference, Exhibition & Dinner
- Pls contact
for Member pricing details
- £310 for both days
- £105 for dinner 28 Jan
- B2B Meetings - NORWEP members registration - no fee
- B2B Meetings - Non-members fee NOK 4.000
- Member fee registration to Conference, Exhibition & Dinner - Pls contact email@example.com for Member pricing details
- Travel: All participants are responsible for their travel related reservations and fees, i.e. hotel, flights, etc. There is no room block reservation for this event.
- Conference & Meetings venue: University of Strathclyde Technology & Innovation Centre, 99 George Street, Glasgow