Scottish Renewables Offshore Wind Conference 2018Wind energy
The annual Scottish Renewables Offshore Wind Conference will be held at the University of Strathclyde Technology & Innovation Centre in Glasgow from 29 - 30 January 2018. The annual Offshore Wind Conference in Glasgow is well attended and they have again have put together a comprehensive programme .
Offshore wind in Scotland
With over 5GW of installed capacity, the UK has more offshore wind than any other country in the world. 2017 has been a landmark year for Scotland’s offshore wind sector. Beatrice – one of the largest private infrastructure projects ever developed in Scotland – is under construction, while Statoil’s world-leading Hywind Scotland has become a reality off the coast of Peterhead. The rollercoaster of judicial review proceedings and CfD allocation rounds means the fate of projects waiting in the wings is still to be determined, but 2018 looks set to be another year of exciting and intense activity, such as The Neart na Gaoithe offshore wind farm , located off the east coast of Scotland, 56 turbines, total investment 20 mrd. nok.; and Moray East , part of the Moray Firth Round 3, 106 turbines.
Also, the next floating offshore wind farm Kincardine Offshore Windfarm Project will be developed in Scottish waters.
Further UK projects can be found here: https://www.norwep.com/Market-info/Priority-projects-Wind available for NORWEPs members only.
NORWEP activities during the SR Offshore Wind
Norwegian Energy Partners will organise and facilitate B2B Meetings from 29th to 31st January. In addition, a reception will be held on the eve of the conference - preceding the conference dinner.
- 29 Jan: arrive in Glasgow; B2B Meetings; NORWEP reception; Conference dinner
- 30 Jan: Conference; B2B Meetings
- 31 Jan: B2B Meetings; depart from Glasgow
- Participation fees & registration:
- Pls contact email@example.com for Member fee registration to Conference, Exhibition (£185+VAT) & Dinner (£100+VAT) http://www.scottishrenewables.com/events/offshore18/register/
- B2B Meetings - NORWEP members - no fee (incl reception & B2B Meetings) https://www.norwep.com/events/signup/32772
- B2B Meetings - Non-members fee NOK 4.000 (incl reception & B2B Meetings) https://www.norwep.com/events/signup/32772
- Travel: All participants are responsible for their travel related reservations and fees, i.e. hotel, flights, etc.