OTC 2018: Aluminium in focus
Norwegian Energy Partners, in co-operation with Hydro and Marine Aluminum, is proud to invite you to a morning work session to learn more about the many benefits and cost savings towards, among others - weight savings and life cycle cost - by using light weighted aluminium material for the offshore industry.
During the past few decades, application areas for aluminum have steadily increased. The metal’s properties benefit offshore facilities in a number of ways. Aluminium is light, strong and resistant to corrosion and cracking. All a matter of the right alloy: aluminium’s strength can equal that of steel, yet its weight is still only one-third.
During this workshop you will get an introduction on the opportunities of designing with aluminum and how to create more efficient and light weight structures. Presentations will provide examples of aluminium alloys, dies and the extrusion process, application design, aluminium vs steel structures, static and dynamic properties, fire protection and joining technologies such as Friction Stir Welding.
- Hydro Endless possibilities with aluminium
- Marine Aluminium Pioneering solutions for Safe Access Systems and Outfitting
- Statoil TBA
Whilst you are already exploring what OTC has to offer, please sign up to learn more about about aluminium's product solutions.
- Thursday 3 May 2018 from 09:00am to 12:00pm at Norway House, 3410 West Dallas Street, Houston
- No participation fee
- Free valet parking, refreshments and networking lunch to conclude the meeting
- The workshop will be held in English