Meetings during AWEA 2020Wind energy
Provided the Covid-19 situation permits, Norwegian Energy Partners will follow up last year's very successful delegation visit to AWEA Offshore Windpower Conference. This year's Conference, organised by American Wind Energy Association, will be held in New York, U.S. from 13-14 October 2020.
In light of current circumstances, AWEA has announced this Conference will feature a traditional onsite and also a virtual attendance option. Keeping in mind the uncertainty about travel - a virtual option will ensure the global, clean energy workforce has the ability to participate in this informative Conference.
The offshore wind activity at the US east coast continue to grow and one is expecting record activity levels also in a global perspective in the next 3-5 years. With State driven offshore wind targets exceeding 25 GW, and 15 auctioned federal lease areas enabling at least 28 GW's, the US has become one of the world’s most significant offshore wind markets.
The developers are looking for the innovative solutions and now is the time to get engaged.
AWEA is a Conference rather than an exhibition, a meeting of minds rather than a meeting of displays and our focus will be on B2B Meetings (live / online) between our delegation as a group and relevant stakeholders in the offshore wind value chain in the U.S. In addition, we are working towards individual meetings between yourselves and relevant stakeholders.
Natural targets for our B2B meetings will include but not be limited to
- CIP - Vineyard Wind
- Ørsted - Revolution Wind, Ocean Wind and Sunrise Wind
- Equinor - Empire Wind
- Shell / EDPR - Mayflower
- As well as with ENBW, EDF, Avangrid MHI Vestas, Siemens Gamesa and General Electric
If you'd like to meet others let us know and we will endeavor to organise such.
Preliminary programme, with the proviso stated in the beginning, features the following:
Monday 12 Oct
18:30 - 20:00
hosted by the Consulate General
|Tuesday 13 Oct||AWEA Conference and NORWEP B2B Meetings|
|Wednesday 14 Oct||AWEA Conference and NORWEP B2B Meetings|
Following participation fees are in addition to AWEA registration fees
- Includes venue and related costs
- NOK2.000,- per NORWEP member company representative
- NOK1.000,- per NORWEP member additional company representative
- NOK4.000,- per non-Member company representative
- Pls ensure you also register directly at AWEA
- All participants are responsible for their own travel related reservations and costs e.g. flight, hotel, visa, etc.
- Ensure that you apply for relevant visa / ESTA before travel
- Pls consult with your own company policy regarding travel