The 9M$ Innovation in Offshore Wind SolicitationWind energy
Norwegian Energy Partners invites you to a webinar with Carrie Hitt, Executive Director for the National Offshore Wind Research and Development Consortium to learn about the Consortium and the $9 Million “Innovation In Offshore Wind” Solicitation currently out.
Carrie Hitt, will present the Consortium and its current solicitation followed by a discussion including ample time for Q&A.
If you are working on innovation applicable for the Offshore Wind sector and interested in the fast growing US market this webinar provides an excellent opportunity to better understand cooperative opportunities in the creative space.
The Consortium is collaborating with industry on prioritised R&D activities to reduce the levelised cost of energy (LCOE) of offshore wind in the U.S. while maximizing other economic and social benefits.
The new organization was funded with $41 million - $20.5 million from the Department of Energy (DOE) and a matching $20.5 million from the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA). Additional contributions have been made by state members including Maryland, Virginia, and Massachusetts.
- Produce innovations that directly respond to the technical and supply chain barriers faced by offshore wind project developers in the U.S.
- Build strong networks connecting technology innovators, investors, and industry
- Increase U.S. content and job opportunities
The 9 M$ Innovation in offshore wind Solicitation has three rounds, each containing multiple Challenge Areas:
- Round 1: Enabling Large Scale Turbines – due Sep 21, 2020
- Round 2: Support Structure Innovation and Supply Chain – due Oct 5, 2020
- Round 3: Electrical Systems and Innovation; Mitigation of Use Conflicts – due Oct 19, 202
For more information see here https://nationaloffshorewind.org/
This is an online webinar, taking place on Tuesday 8th of September, 14:30-15:30 CEST
There is no participant fee for this webinar and it is open for all.
- The event will take place on the Webinar application Zoom. Once registered you will receive a link by email to join the webinar in due time
- Please sign up through the link above to join the meeting. The meeting will only be made available for pre-registered attendants approved by Norwegian Energy Partners
- When signing up for the meeting, you agree that Norwegian Energy Partners may register you as a participant with Zoom
- If you wish to join the webinar through web browser, we recommend to use Google Chrome
For any questions, please contact email@example.com