LNG Seminars in Vietnam - Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City
Norwegian Energy Partners and Innovation Norway orgainised for two LNG seminars in Vietnam 4 -5 November 2019 both Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
The purpose of the seminars was to:
• Introduce Norwegian solutions to LNG-receiving/LNG-to-power and distribution facilities to Vietnam LNG players
• Collect market information and identify market opportunities
• Prepare basis for strategic decisions toward the Vietnamese market
• Technologies and services for receiving LNG in FSRUs and onshore terminals
• Small scale distribution of LNG
From 2021-2030, Vietnam will import from 4 to 8 million m3 of LNG p.a. About 75% of the imported LNG will be used as fuel for power plants to secure a rapidly growing Vietnam economy, which is reported at 6.5% p.a. for the last 20 year.
A study financed by IFC has identified numbers of site locations for floating solutions in the South of Vietnam. The study has also indicated that CAPEX for floating options is by far more cost effective than land based solutions. Currently, the Vietnamese government is strongly encouraging local and international companies to participate in LNG business that makes the Vietnamese LNG sector more exciting than ever:
• PVGAS and PVPOWER have signed an agreement to supply LNG for “Nhon Trach 3 and 4” LNG thermal power projects, 1,500MW capacity in total
• Hai Linh Company is constructing a land based LNG terminal at Ba Ria – Vung Tau area, with 220,000 m3 capacity, as well as developing small scale LNG boats to supply LNG for existing power plants in the South
• EVN is developing LNG-Power cluster at Tan Phuoc area, with 2,400MW capacity; and the government requires Son My LNG Power project to consider a floating option to reduce investment cost
Time and date:
The first seminar was held on Monday, 4 November at Hanoi City, to target EVN, Genco 1, ministries, ADB, WB IFC, T&T, AES and others.
The second seminar was held on Tuesday 5 November at Ho Chi Minh city to target Hai Linh, PVGAS, Total/Siemens, PVPower, Gulf Energy, Sovico,TTC, Petrol trading companies and others.
For NORWEP PARTNERS or SMEs: NOK 4 000 per participant. NOK 2 000 per additional participant.
For NON-NORWEP MEMBER or large companies: NOK 6 000 per participant. NOK 3 000 per additional participant.